BUS DRIVER AUTHORITY COURSE
Legislation in NSW requires any operator who intends to drive a public passenger vehicle, which is defined under the Regulations as, a public passenger vehicle other than a ferry, to hold a NSW Driver Authority for drivers of public passenger vehicles.
The NSW Driver Authority also cover those drivers, with a car licence only, who operate minibuses to transport passengers.
A Driver Authority is valid for a period of three years
An applicant must first establish that they meet the required criteria as set out in the revised Passenger Transport Regulation 2007.
This criterion requires an applicant to:
– Be at least twenty  years of age, and.
– Hold a driver licence, and.
– Have held an Australian driver licence for a total of at least twelve  months in the two  years preceding the date of the application, and.
– Have passed an examination or assessment, at a level determined by the Director-General, in medical fitness, and Satisfy that he or she may lawfully work in Australia, and.
– “Is” of good repute and in all other respects a fit and proper person to be the driver of the vehicle concerned, and has sufficient responsibility to drive the vehicle concerned in accordance with law and custom.
The NSW Department of Transport & Infrastructure will request any criminal history from Australian Police services and driving history from the NSW Roads and Maritime Services.
The course subjects include:
– Legislation and Driver Authority
– Customer Service
– Vehicle Operations
– Managing Breakdowns and Emergencies
– Driver Welfare and Safety
There is no practical component to the course.
The course consists of half day classroom session and can be booked on any day convenient to you.
TRAINING – Once you have booked the course you will receive the BUS AUTHORITY pack. You are expected to read the NSW Bus Authority Manual and be familiar with its content. In order to receive a Proficiency Certificate you will have to successfully complete the multiple choice knowledge questionnaire.
APPLICATION – To assist you with completing the application form we have included all the relevant forms with the Bus Driver Authority Manual. Together with a completed Driver Authority Application form, you will need to lodge:
– Medical Assessment form (completed by you and your doctor)
– Proficiency Certificate (obtained when course is complete)
– 2 recent photographs that meet the Ministry’s specifications (65×65)
– Proof of Identity (Licence and Passport/Birth certificate)
You must lodge these documents to Transport for NSW after completing the course.
Leave A Message
Macquarie Driving School is proudly serving people since 1960, providing driving training on all types of vehicles. We are qualified to deliver heavy vehicle driving training and licence upgrade.