Macquarie driving school Logo


We can assist overseas licence holders to gain their NSW drivers licence.

You must have your overseas drivers licence in English or translated into English and have passed the RMS knowledge test and hold a NSW learners licnece.

Our driving instructors can train in both automatic and manual transmission. We will help you to reach the RMS testing standard. We can arrange RMS test (DART - Driver Ability Road Test) bookings and present you for the driving test using our vehicles.

Once you have passed the RMS test you will gain your unrestricted licence if your overseas licence has been held for a minimum of 3 years.


Applicants with a driver's licence which is issued in another country

  • Before the applicant could start their in car training (Lessons) they must obtain the Learner's Licence. From any RMS branch.
  • Must live in NSW.
  • Complete RMS application form (Part of this must be signed by a person who has known the applicant for at least 12 months and holds a current unrestricted drivers licence.
  • Must have one primary and one secondary proof of identity. List of acceptable documents in Motor Traffic Handbook.
  • Must pass the eyesight test at the RMS.
  • Must pass a knowledge test. (45 questions and multiple choice answers. Samples of questions are available in Motor Traffic Handbook)
  • Pay the licence fee to RMS.
  • Applicant must have a current learner's Licence with him/her whilst under instruction.
  • Appropriate footwear must be worn.
  • Can be an automatic or manual transmission vehicle.
  • Can be conducted in applicants own vehicle.

Contact Us

Macquarie Driving School

Macquarie Driving School

Phone: 0410 151 151

Phone: 0410 251 251

7 Harris Street

St Marys

NSW 2760



Enquire Now