“We at Macquarie Truck Driving School in NSW can help you upgrade to a class MR drivers licence. We have a 1-day course available for class MR licence in NSW. We pride ourselves on being the driver training professionals.”
Medium Rigid - Class MR Licence NSW vehicles include:
– Trucks and buses with a GVM more than eight tonnes and two axles.
– Any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM.
Am I Eligible to apply for a MR licence?
To apply for a Medium Rigid licence / MR truck licence in NSW, you must:
– Have held a class C licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more. Any time you’ve spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can’t practice to drive an MR vehicle, or upgrade to an MR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence.
– Pass the MR knowledge test.
– Pass an eyesight test.
– Successfully complete HVCBA, or pass a Roads and Maritime driving test.
Which MR Licence is right for me?
MACQUARIE DRIVING SCHOOL in Sydney can help you to obtain your class MR licence in NSW. Medium Rigid truck licence training is available to be booked at any time to suit your needs and courses can be structured to suit individual needs. If you are looking to obtain a class MR licence Contact Us.
Medium Rigid licence is one of the most commonly used licence upgrades. It covers a variety of trucks and buses. Completing the course will give you a class MR licence which will allow you to drive automatic and synchromesh manual vehicles.
There will be a “condition B” on the licence which means you will be able to drive trucks with automatic and synchromesh gearbox, however, you will not be able to drive Class MR vehicles with a Road ranger/Crash gearbox (double clutching method), this will not be a disadvantage as it is extremely rare to find a MR vehicle with a Road ranger/Crash gearbox, these gearboxes are normally found in higher class vehicles such as HR, HC and MC as the vast majority of class MR vehicles have automatic and synchromesh manual gearboxes.
CLASS MR LICENCE COURSE
We understand that every person has different experience levels and require different pace and techniques therefore we cater our courses to suit your needs.
Designed for drivers to develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to obtain Medium Rigid Driver’s Licence.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All students must:-
– Have held a Class C licence (not including a learner’s licence) for a period totalling at least 1 year.
– Complete Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) knowledge test questions successfully.
– Obtain Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA) learner’s guidebook and logbook.
– HVCBA guidebook must be read thoroughly before starting training.
MR COURSE CONTENT:
– Criteria 1 – Pre-operational Check
– Criteria 2 – Cabin Drills
– Criteria 3 – Start, move off, shut down and secure
– Criteria 4 – Manage Steering
– Criteria 5 – Manages Gears
– Criteria 6 – Manages Brakes
– Criteria 7 – Manages Accelerator
– Criteria 8 – Create & Maintain Crash Avoidance Space
– Criteria 9 – Protect Crash Avoidance Space
– Criteria 10 – Road Rules and Directions
– Criteria 11 – Reversing
– Criteria 12 – Hill Stop/Start
– Criteria 13 – Load Securing
– Criteria 14 – Bus Stop Procedure (If course is conducted in a bus only)
Final competency assessment (FCA):
First, the Training Course must be completed which consists of the criteria listed above. You will be trained and assessed on these criteria, when you are up to standard you will be “signed off”. Once the Training course is completed you will be required to sit the Final Competency Assessment, which is a final drive that will be video recorded as an RMS requirement. After the FCA has been completed successfully and the required standard of competency has been achieved you will be issued with a certification which the RMS will then use to issue you MR licence.
Leave A Message
Macquarie Driving School is proudly serving people since 1960, providing driving training on all types of vehicles. We are qualified to deliver heavy vehicle driving training and licence upgrade.